Saturday 10 September 2016

#OctPoWriMo

In the spirit of NaNoWriMo, which I have participated in twice, Bianca's Book Blog will this October be logging my progress in its sister event, OctPoWriMo - which, as you may have guessed, stands for October Poetry Writing Month. I may well participate in its bigger sibling event, NaPoWriMo, too!

I used to blog my poetry on a blog whose address I can't even remember, while I was at university. However, I stopped doing that upon the realisation that the university poetry journal would refuse to publish my poetry as they deemed my work as having already been published elsewhere as a result. I also stopped due to worries of plagiarism (while simultaneously acknowledging that my poetry may well not be good enough to plagiarise!).

However, in the spirit of a) keeping up the good habit of writing regularly and b) attempting to revive my flagging book blog, I will be participating in #OctPoWriMo with gusto. I know I have the discipline. Time and energy are at times other matters. But I wrote a poem every day for nearly the whole of 2010, so at least theoretically a month should be a cinch.

You can follow my - and other WriMos' - progress via the hashtag #OctPoWriMo, but even if nobody else reads our scribblings, we ultimately write for ourselves, and hope to encourage others to do so too.

No comments: